Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Terrible 2's..... It get's worse?????

Well yesterday was a BUSY day in the life of Ty's mother!!! He started off the morning in a way that should have been a warning... He dumped a whole box of cereal on the floor while I was in the shower. Caitlyn was kind enough to clean it up for me... without being asked!!! I was shocked.. and VERY pleased!! :)
Ty took a very short nap while out running errands with Daddy. Then he ran around menacing and messing for a while then started being grumpy from lack of nap and I outlasted him in the attempts to take another nap (late in the afternoon). So he took a nap and I woke him up after about an hour so that he could go back to bed that night and WOW... did he ever make me regret it!
I did not take any pictures last night in the 4 hours between when I woke him up from his nap and the time I sent him off to bed... It was very dramatic... and overwhelming so there were no great blogger instinct picture moments.
If you scroll down and recall the mess from a few days ago when he crumbled crackers and cereal all throughout the living room... multiply that by 3 rooms and double the mess!! He crumbled crackers, pop tarts were squished into the couch (where the kids are not even supposed to eat at... on the floor whatever but not the couch) I cleaned up that and then he had some dinner and wasn't thrilled with it and dumped it out on the floor so that he could use his bowl for a hat! Then he wanted some crackers and I gave him a couple which he immediately chewed up and spit out on the floor.... WHY??? He got some time out time in the booster a few times within the space of 30 minutes or less... he learned fast to say "Yes, Mommy" when I asked him if he would stop doing whatever he had been in trouble for... but obviously it wasn't heartfelt! He was biting, hitting, and just out of control... I was exhausted... he always seems to be more stinkery when I am at the exhaustion level! Oh and yes... I almost forgot... the stripping! Multiple times "Ty where is your diaper????" and then the squeals of delight for the freedom he felt and the attention he recieved! What else can you do? Dress him again and move on~ ugh! OH and I alsmost forgot... he has figured out that he can get out of the crib!!! As long as the little kid table is close to him... mental note to keep it as far away as possible! One more bedtime challenge is all I need!!! :(
So there you are... I just don't know if I can handle worse behavior than I am getting in this glimpse into the terrible 2's... I need some kind of energy draining activities for him... that don't drain me first! My only consolation is that he is SO cute and SO adorable and has those sweet moments that I realize I couldn't live without him... and that is his SAVING GRACE!!!

1 comment:

Jill said...

It's not the terrible 2's. It's the TORTUROUS 3's. :) Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. But it's true.