Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Growing up and getting out!!

Well Ty is getting so adept at his carseat! He now insists on buckling the top clip on his own or you will listen to him scream for a long time over the missed chance at his independence. So on Sunday as we drove to Sunday dinner at my Brother-in-Law's house I turn around because Ty has reached the button to roll down his window... he can't reach it when he is buckled so you can imagine my shock! And there he is... the top clip is UNBUCKLED!!! Dave put him in and said that he was sure it was done up so I am not positive it was completely locked in or not but still... he has never attempted to get out of the carseat like that before! He was reaching forward with the straps off his shoulders and pulling on the driver's side head rest! And THANK GOODNESS for CHILD LOCKS on doors!!! Otherwise his door would have been ripped off driving down the freeway! He was trying his hardest to escape from the confines of his straps and captivity! Luckily we were close enough to their house that he didn't manage to escape before we arrived... I am sure if he was given a bit more time he would have given up on that RED release button and found a way to pull those legs out of the straps and be on his way exploring the other seats in the car... mine would have most likely been first! Oh how I LOVE that he is starting to do more things and grow... but YIKES!!! I don't know if I am ready for all of what he has in store!

1 comment:

Jill said...

I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GLAD you have a NORMAL CHILD!!!